5 Travelling Tips for Packing Light For your Vacay
Ladies soon it will officially be summer, which means vacation!
If you’re anything like me back in the day, you’re going to find it difficult to decide what to take with you, as when I used to pack my suitcase, I felt like packing everything but the kitchen sink – just in case!
Over the years, I learnt that it’s surprisingly easy to pack light, look good on the plane & at your chosen destination. If you do it right, you may not even have to check in your bag, just stick it in the overhead locker. So, here are some packing tips to consider.
- When thinking about what to pack, you should go for about 3 different colors so that you can mix & match them with different oufits, depending on what you’re going to be up to. If you’re going on a tropical getaway, bright colors usually go well like yellow, orange & white. If you’re going on a city break, navy, white or even black looks great when you’re touring the cathedrals & places of interest. When it comes to the actual pieces, for a beach getaway, I go for shorts, dresses & playsuits. Don’t forget to pack a pair of jeans, they’re great for any rainy days that may come up. Pack pieces that you can wear two or even three times on your trip. If you can’t do that, then you’ll be wasting space packing more clothes.
- When it comes to shoes, only about three pairs should do it. A pair of
sneakers for walking around in the daytime, some low heeled sandals that you can double up at the beach & a pair of heeled strappy sandals for the evenings if you like. It’s really up to you, but, you really don’t need a pair for each event you attend.
- For flying, try to dress comfortably otherwise you’ll be hot & bothered before you even leave the airport, having to go through security & all that lark! This is when sneakers are really your best bet & athleisure wear would be great, as you can wear a nice comfy pair of leggings with a loose tank top, & the plus to this is – they don’t take up much space in your luggage.
- Always pack a cute evening dress so that you can pair them with your strappy sandals just in case you get to go to an evening event.
- And last, but, not least, pack your favorite accessories, it might be some jewelry to jazz up your outfit, cute clutch bag for the evening, a belt, or a sunhat for the beach. Oh, & don’t forget your sunglasses to give you that chic, sophisticated & mysterious look!